The seven steps to completing a Landbay mortgage
We subject every application to rigorous analysis before we agree to lend. Our credit and compliance process is as follows:
- Applications are made online by our FCA‐regulated and accredited broker partners;
- A comprehensive credit assessment is undertaken; to review all applicants' credit history, their business experience, their ability to repay the proposed loan and the proposed property which acts as security.
- A Decision in Principle is only given once the results of these checks have been ratified by our Credit Committee;
- We instruct an independent RICS valuation, which must be endorsed by our Credit Committee;
- If we are satisfied with the loan and terms we will then instruct a law firm to ensure that we are protected and our mortgage is registered.
- Securities are then passed to our Security Trustee, who hold them in trust on behalf of investors;
- Finally, the loan is transferred to Paratus AMC, a leading mortgage administrator, who manage it through to repayment.
For further details on who and what we lend to please review our Underwriting Criteria.